Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm a bad blogger

My bad. I haven't updated in over a month. Since the half marathon I've been running here and there (nothing too intense) and have been doing a lot of RPM and Body Pump classes at the gym. However, I'm back on the saddle and marathon training officially began on Monday! This time around I'm following Hal Higdon's 18-week novice marathon training plan. I originally was planning to do an intermediate schedule, but I still like doing classes at the gym, so novice worked better with my schedule. I'll probably not follow his schedule to a T - right now I feel 3 miles is too short. When the longer long runs come around, I will definitely be following his schedule. I'm also planning to incorporate some interval and hill training in my schedule

I'm excited for the marathon, but I know I have a lot of work ahead of me.

This week's schedule was/is: (what I actually did or will do is in parenthesis)

Monday: Rest (RPM class)
Tuesday: 3 miles (3.5 miles)
Wednesday: 3 miles (6 miles on the treadmill)
Thursday: 3 miles (3.5 miles)
Friday: Rest (Body Pump class)
Saturday: 6 miles (I think this will probably be an 8 mile run)
Sunday: Cross train (rest)

So my first post post half-marathon and pre-marathon. Bring it!

Peace. Love. Run.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to follow this plan for my first marathon too!!! Good luck training! I can't believe how fast you are! :)

    ReplyDelete