Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Can't Think of a Title.

I'm going to be a better blogger. Today I learned that someone started running because of my blog and once I stopped blogging she stopped running. We can't be having that. Several of my friends are doing Couch to 5k training and I'm really proud of all of them. It's not easy to start a new running routine, but once you start many get hooked! I know I've been hooked!

I'm now into the second week of training for the marathon. I feel like my body is getting back into the swing of training. On Monday I went to RPM class, yesterday I ran 3.5, this morning I did Body Pump and tomorrow I'm planning to run anywhere from 4-6 miles. My long run this week is 7 miles. I will probably bump that up to 8 miles as I ran 7 miles on Saturday morning with no problem.

I'm ready for marathon training as you can tell by the picture on the right! I love training with ShotBloks. They really give me the energy to keep going on the long runs. I am also obsessed with peanut butter so I bought a jar of powdered peanut butter because it has a lot less calories than regular peanut butter. In addition to writing about my training I'm also going to talk about what I'm eating as I'm training. My new blog name is I Run So I Can Eat. I am no longer running slow so I thought it was time for a blog name change!

Most of my running friends run because they love to eat. If I didn't live such an active lifestyle I would probably weigh about 300 pounds. No joke. As I train for the marathon I am going to make a conscious effort to eat well, but I'll probably cheat... a lot.

While Sarah and I were running on Saturday morning she decided it would be a good idea for me to finish the Baltimore Marathon in under 3:55 because first-time marathoners who finish in under that time win a cash prize. I think it's unattainable, but she has confidence so I'm going to train this summer with that goal in mind. I'll need to keep a steady pace of 8:55. I ran the half marathon with a pace of 8:39 so it may be possible, but 26.2 miles is a lot further than 13.1!

Peace. Love. Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment