Thursday, March 25, 2010

Back at it...

I couldn't wait until Tuesday to run again. Today I met my friend Julie (who is also doing the Broad Street Run) for a quick three miles. I wrapped my leg up just in case. You can see my battle scar in the picture. We ran along a trail in Newark and came across Cheech and Chong who thought it was a good idea to play puff, puff, pass in the broad daylight - stupid kids! So after a slight encounter with Lady Ganja we continued on the trail. I felt good. I felt like I was running a bit fast, but that was probably because I was so excited to actually be doing physical activity again. The three miles flew by. I'm planning to run again with Julie this weekend and her schedule calls for two and five miles.

According to my training schedule next week looks like:

Monday: Stretch and Strengthen - I'll probably do an early morning Body Pump class that day
Tuesday: Four miles
Wednesday: Two miles or cross training - I'll either run or do an RPM class
Thursday: Rest or easy run
Friday: Four miles + strength
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 5k - Sunday is Easter so I won't be signing up for a 5k, but I will definitely run that day. I'll have to burn off all those chocolate bunnies I plan to eat.

If anyone has any good recommendations for my iPod, let me know! I'm always looking for new music! And please comment - even if I haven't talked to you in years. I won't think it's weird, well maybe just a little.

Peace. Love. Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment