Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Week Until Broad Street

Yesterday was the longest run I've ever done - 9 miles. I used mapmyrun.com to find a good 9-mile run in Newark. http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/de/newark/320002

This was a really fun route because there were a lot of changes in scenery. My favorite part was Main Street. There were a lot of people out so it kept my mind off how many more miles I still had to go. At about 4.5 miles I started to hit my first block of fatigue so I popped in a ShotBlok and I definitely think it worked. Creek Road was the hardest part of this run because there are a few small hills and I had to run down the road and then back up so that was a bit of a mental challenge. There is also a pretty decent sized hill coming back up the road towards North College Avenue.

I finished in 1:31. I am happy with that time. I think I could have shaved a few minutes off if there weren't so many crosswalks I had to stop at. (I didn't stop my watch at the lights)

Looking ahead to this week: Sunday is the Broad Street Run! I'm really excited. Saturday we go up to the race expo to register and pick up our race numbers and shirts! Wooo I love getting shirts at runs!!

This week's schedule:

Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: RPM
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday: 2 miles
Friday: RPM
Saturday: Rest/Stretching
Sunday: Broad Street Run - 10 miles

Then after this week I will begin looking ahead to the half marathon on May 16!

Peace. Love. Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment