Monday, April 15, 2013

Thoughts of the Boston Marathon explosion

My heart is heavy for all that were impacted by the terrible act of terrorism at the Boston Marathon today. A day that should have been filled with triumph, was tarnished by the unthinkable. Runners have trained months and even years for this day. It's not fair. As a runner and one who has completed a marathon, I am terribly upset about today's event. I have not felt this way since 9/11. It's simply unthinkable. Runners spend months preparing for a marathon. I cannot imagine all those months of training to culminate on a day of such evil. Approaching mile 26 is awful in itself, but to see explosions while crossing the finish line, I cannot even imagine. I am upset for those involved, I am upset for our running community and I am upset for our world.

My prayers are with the runners, spectators, city of Boston and our country.

I pray that we find peace in our world.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment