Thursday, October 14, 2010

Random thoughts going through my head

There's less than 48 hours until the marathon....

Here's what's going on in my head!

  • I'm nervous - very nervous. My anxiety levels over the past two days have been at an all-time high
  • I'm also excited!! Just get me to the start line! I have a good playlist that I'm excited to listen to! I'm not going to listen to my iPod at the start line... I want to take everything in
  • The anticipation for this marathon feels like the anticipation for Christmas morning when you are 7 years old
  • Pain is temporary
  • Gummy bears at mile 23
  • Expo tomorrow - free stuff!
  • Seeing my cousin, Chris, and Aryna in Baltimore tomorrow. Chris is doing the half marathon! And did the Seagull Century Bike Race last weekend (100 miles) - what a beast!
  • Good luck to my friend I've known the longest, Katie H., who is doing the full marathon!!
  • I've been training since the middle of February - first for the Broad Street Run, then the half marathon and then this full marathon.
  • I'm running a half marathon in December. I have caught the long distance running bug!
  • I have set two goals for myself. Goal one - finish in under four hours; goal two, which may be a bit more realistic - finish in under 4:15
  • Drink water
  • Start slow
  • Envision the finish line when I hit the wall
  • "If you feel bad at 10 miles, you're in trouble. If you feel bad at 20 miles, you're normal. If you don't feel bad at 26 miles, you're abnormal."
  • I don't want to leave anything on the course. When I finish I don't want to feel I could have pushed it harder
  • I'm excited to go to brunch at the Concordville Inn on Sunday morning with Anna, Bill, Naty and Mr. Russo
  • I may consider running another marathon. If I do, I want to do the NYC Marathon
  • Good luck to Tarra who is running a marathon in San Francisco this weekend!
  • "I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement. It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible." This will help me get to the finish line
  • 10 with your legs, 10 with your head and 6 with your heart
  • This marathon is going to be painful, but I'm looking forward to the pain in a very sick, demented way that only other distance runners would probably understand
  • Get to the start line early. I will be NERVOUS - a hot mess nervous wreck probably
  • I can't believe it's almost here
  • But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. -Isaiah 40:31
  • GYRO for life!
  • Bring it!!!
Peace, Love, Run

No comments:

Post a Comment